2 tbsp vegetable oil
½ medium yellow onion, diced small
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp kosher salt
¾ pound SAMPCO Extra Lean Shredded Beef
1 tsp garlic powder
½ cup salsa or pico de gallo
4 large flour tortillas
1 cup refried beans, warmed
¾ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup shredded lettuce
¼ cup cilantro leaves
1 medium tomato, ribs & seeds removed, diced
2 tbsp sour cream (mixed with ¼ tsp chili powder)
1. Heat vegetable oil in a medium skillet over medium heat; add onion and cook, while stirring, for 1 minute.
2. Add cumin, coriander, chili powder and kosher salt; cook for additional minute.
3. Stir in shredded beef and garlic powder; allow to heat, undisturbed for 5 minutes. Stir in salsa; remove from heat after 1 minute.
4. To assemble: spread ¼ of warm refried beans onto surface of each tortilla; top with one-fourth amounts of cheese, seasoned beef, lettuce, cilantro, tomato and chili sour cream onto the center area, leaving 2 to 3 inches of space on each side to allow for folding.
5. Fold sides in and roll upwards to form burrito (use a bit of refried beans on top edge of tortilla to create a seal.)
6. If desired, place burritos in a dry skillet or grill pan over medium heat; rotate as needed until golden.
7. Serve whole or in half.