- 1 med onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots diced (1/4 in)
- 1 lg potato cubed (1/2 in)
- 1 tsp parsley finely chopped
- 1 can 12 oz Hereford Corned Beef cut into 1/2 in cubes
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup turnips diced (1/2 in)
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp chives finely chopped
- In soup pot, sauté onions in butter over medium-high heat. Add carrots, turnip and celery.
- Season with pepper and cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add potatoes and water; cook 35 minutes.
- Add Hereford Corned Beef, parsley and chives; cook 2 minutes.
- Serve with crusty bread or rolls.