- 1 can 6lb SAMPCO Cubed Beef with Broth
- 4 med onions sliced
- 8 garlic cloves sliced
- 6 potatoes peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 6 carrots peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 6 celery sticks cut into 1 inch lengths
- 2 cups Peas (fresh or frozen)
- 5 cups Tomato juice (plain or spicy)
- Drain the broth from the beef and set aside.
- Transfer the beef cubes into a large, deep pot.
- Add the onions, garlic, potatoes and carrots.
- Pour in 1 cup of the reserved beef broth and enough tomato juice to cover the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, celery and peas and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Add seasoning to taste. Serve hot with warm, crusty bread.